2.2K views
Featured Not resolved

I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood.The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly applied.

When I first took it to the dealer they told me I was within time for warranty coverage but over on miles. A defect is a defect and should be take care if by Hyundai. See photos for how unsightly this is for Hyundai and me. I would not be so pissed if this were due to normal wear and tear, but it is not.

I am pleased with the performance and service with my Sonata.I have 195k miles on it already, with only normal maintenance issues except this poor paint job that I want Hyundai to admit is an issue with their white paint.

Had an Experience with Hyundai Motor America?

Comments

Connecticut, United States #1329483

My 2009 hyundai Santa fe paint is peeling off the front in multiple spots and on the roof. My car looks horrible

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1313845

I own a 2009 Santa Fe with Pearl White paint peeling off the hood.

Schaumburg, Illinois, United States #1301996

2009 Sonata- metallic gray- paint us peeling like crazy out of nowhere in big sections on hood. 50000 miles on car .

Walnut Creek, California, United States #1268434

I have a 2006 pearl white sonata, same thing paint peeling on the roof , had to repair at my own cost. 89,000 on it,

no primer on car.

Debary, Florida, United States #1245906

I also own a 2010 pearl white Sonata and the paint is peeling in different areas. The car is under 85k miles and we bought it at the Hyundai dealership as a certified pre-owned back in 2011.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada #1241648

2010 black hyundai elantra paint peeling and bubbling all over roof and rusting

Columbus, Mississippi, United States #1233919

2010 Elantra peeling off all the door handles and wheels.

I have the same problem, a white 2009, Hyundai Sonata, Paint on the hood flacked off last year had it repainted, at my own expense. This year (2016) in early October the paint on the A pillars and roof flacked off in big patches, all in one day! The dealer has pictures and vehicle information, I hope to hear back soon on this issue.

We are investigating the possibility of filing a class action lawsuit. Your information would assist in that investigation. email mike@wsrlawfirm.com

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States #1113019

I have the same year, make, model and paint color. The missing paint on your vehicle is identical to my. Hyundai should be ashamed!