Hyundai Motor America - Hyundai Motor Finance company-customer service dept
To Whom It May Concern:
On 4/20/07 my vehicle that I purchased through Hyundai Motor Finance corp. on 4/2/07 sustained an accident resulting in a total loss. My insurance company covered a majority of the finance loss and made a payment to Hyundai on 5/16/07, and I was told that I would be responsible for the remaining balance (minus the cancellation of an extended warranty that I had additionally included with the purchase).
After a few UNRETURNED phone calls to the department handling my claim, I was able to speak with a representative who informed me that my total due would not be calculated until they received the refund from the warranty which could take up to 60 days AND the account would continue to accrue interest that would be my responsiblity. I was also informed that the Hyundai dealer was notified to cancel the warranty on 5/16/07 and once this was completed I would be sent a bill for the remaining balance to settle the account.
Well, it is now 6/20/07, and I had yet to receive a final payoff bill, however, instead a received a regular installment bill stating that I was two months delinquent on my account.
After spending nearly an hour just trying to get connected to a customer service representative that could actually help me ,repeating myself over and over to different people only to be given the run around some more regarding the status of my account , and the phone literally disconnecting when the call was SUPPOSED to be transferred, even after all of that I still received rude customer service who made it clear that it "wasn't there job" to follow up with the Hyundai company to make sure they cancelled the warranty when I informed them that I contacted the warranty provider directly and was informed that NO request for cancellation was received to date, which further prolongs my account status as open with an outstanding balance. UNBELIEVABLE is all I can say. Not only will I never purchase another vehicle from this company again, but I will tell everyone I know about the *** poor service that I received in how Hyundai motor finance is handling my claim!!!
THe final verdict...They accepted a payment which is supposed to cover my end of the responsibility to the company, but I have a feeling this is not the end of it and I was told to call back in another month to see if the warranty credit has been applied and to REMIND them to update my credit report to show that the vehicle was paid off! Another month...Good luck with customer service for this company.review #79083
You may also like
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "OK,so i bought the car, payed them on time arranged shipping, payed for it but it took them 13 days to deliver car on distance of 90 miles?!?!? the truck..."
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "my name is mc hope carpio...i want to cancel the item that i order because..i thought that only a day of delivery but the dialog says after i click the..."
- "I ordered the other night from dolls kill. My paypal gave the wrong address. I tried to get in contact with their customer service but I didn't get anything just..."
- "I ordered 500 buisness cards from vista print i received the card they were wrong so they gave me a credit i ordered the new set and they sent me..."